Did you apperceive that internet took alone 4 years to ability 50 actor users? It took 38 years for radio, while TV fabricated it in 13 years. Here are some absorbing facts and advice about the Apple Wide Web:
1. Worldwide Web was developed in Objective C programming language.
2. The “www” allotment of a web website is alternative and is not appropriate by any web activity or standard.
3. Twenty per cent of the world’s population, 1.17 to 1.33 billion people, now use the Internet. North America (72%) has the accomplished penetration, Africa (5%) the lowest.
4. The appellation Internet and Apple Wide Web are generally acclimated in every-day accent afterwards abundant distinction. However, the Internet and the Apple Wide Web are not one and the same. The Internet is a all-around abstracts communications system. It is a accouterments and software basement that provides connectivity amid computers. In contrast, the Web is one of the casework appear via the Internet. It is a accumulating of commutual abstracts and added resources, affiliated by hyperlinks and URLs.
5. The Internet was alleged the ‘Galactic Network’ in memos accounting by MIT’s JCR Licklider in 1962.
6. Advisers accede that the aboriginal seek engine was Archie, created in 1990 by Alan Emtage, a apprentice at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
7. It was already advised a letter in the English language. The Chinese alarm it a little mouse, Danes and Swedes alarm it ‘elephant’s trunk’, Germans a spider monkey, and Italians a snail. Israelis accent it ‘strudels’ and the Czechs say ‘rollmops’s… What is it? The @ sign.
8. Did you apperceive that the aboriginal URL of Yahoo! was akebono.stanford.edu
9. Google got its name from the algebraic amount googol, which denotes the amount ‘one followed by a hundred zeros’.
10. Yahoo! acquired its name from the chat Yahoo coined by Jonathan Swift in Gulliver’s Travels. A Yahoo is a being who is abhorrent in actualization and activity and is about human!
11. The prime acumen the Google home page is so bare, is due to the actuality that the founders didn’t apperceive the HTML and just capital a quick interface. In fact, the abide button was a afterwards accession and initially, hitting the RETURN key was the alone way to access Google into life.
12. The chat ‘e-mail’ has been banned by the French Ministry of culture. They are appropriate to use the chat ‘Courriel’ instead, which is the French agnate of Internet. This move became the accountable of badinage from the cyber association in general.
13. The aboriginal anytime ISP was CompuServe which still exists beneath AOL, Timer Warner.
14. Did you apperceive that symbolics.com was the aboriginal anytime area name registered online?
15. According to a University of Minnesota report, advisers appraisal the aggregate of Internet cartage is growing at an anniversary amount of 50 to 60 per cent.
16. If you wish to advertise your book on amazon.com you can set the price, but again they will yield 55 per cent cut and leave you with alone 45 per cent.
17. About bisected of humans online accept at atomic three e-mail accounts. In accession the boilerplate customer has maintained the aforementioned e-mail abode for four to six years.
18. Spam accounts for over 60 per cent of all email, according to Bulletin Labs. Google says at atomic one third of all Gmail servers are abounding with spam.
19. Anthony Greco, age-old 18, became the aboriginal being arrested for spam (unsolicited burning messages) on February 21, 2005.
20. The aboriginal web website was congenital at CERN. CERN is the French acronym for European Council for Nuclear Research and is amid at Geneva, Switzerland.
21. The Apple Wide Web is the a lot of all-encompassing accomplishing of the hypertext but it is not the alone one. A computer advice book is in fact a hypertext document.
22. The abstraction of appearance bedding was already in abode if the aboriginal browser was released.
23. The abode of the world’s aboriginal web server is info.cern.ch/ The URL of the aboriginal web page was nxoc01.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html. Although this page is not hosted anymore at CERN, a afterwards adaptation of the page is acquaint at w3.org/History/199921103hypertext/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html.
24. The aboriginal browser that fabricated the web accessible to PC and Mac users was Mosaic. It was developed by National Center for Supercomputing (NCSA) led by Marc Andreessen in February, 1993. Mosaic was one of the aboriginal graphical web browsers and led to an access in web use.
25. April 30, 1993 is an important date for the Web because on that day, CERN appear that anyone may use WWW technology freely.
26. Microsoft appear Internet Charlatan on 1995. This accident accomplished the browser wars. By bundling internet charlatan with the Windows operating system, by 2002, Internet Charlatan became the a lot of ascendant web browser with a bazaar allotment over 95 per cent.
27. The development of standards for the Apple Wide Web is managed by the W3C or the Apple Wide Web consortium. The W3C was founded in October, 1994 and headed by Tim Berners-Lee.
28. Alone 4 per cent of Arab women use the Internet. Moroccan women represent about a third of that figure.
29. YouTube’s bandwidth requirements to upload and appearance all those videos amount as abundant as 1 actor dollars a day and drawing. The revenues generated by YouTube cannot pay for its upkeep.
30. According to AT&T carnality admiral Jim Cicconi, 8 hours of video is uploaded into YouTube every minute. This was on April 2008. On May 21, 2009, YouTube accustomed 20 hours of video agreeable per minute.
31. Around 75 per cent of the music that is accessible for download has never been purchased and it is costing money just to be on the server.
32. Area allotment was chargeless until the National Science foundation absitively to change this on September 14th, 1995.
33. It is estimated that one of every eight affiliated couples started by affair online.
34. Iceland has the accomplished allotment of the Internet users at 68 per cent. The United States stands at 56%. 34% of all Malaysians us the Internet while alone eight per cent of Jordanians are connected, 4% of Palestinians; 0.6% of Nigerians and 0.1% of Tajikistanis.
35. Employees at Google are encouraged to use 20 per cent of their time alive on their own projects. Google News, Orkut are both examples of projects that grew from this alive model.
36. The technology abaft the Internet began aback in the 1960′s at MIT. The aboriginal bulletin anytime to be transmitted was LOG.. why? The user had attempted to blazon LOGIN, but the arrangement comatose afterwards the astronomic amount of abstracts of the letter G. It was to be a while afore Facebook would be developed
37. According to University of Minnesota report, advisers appraisal the aggregate of Internet cartage is growing at an anniversary amount of 50 to 60 percent.
38. Anytime back the bearing of the Internet, book administration was a botheration for the authorities that managed it. In 1989, McGill University shut down their FTP indexing website afterwards award out that it was amenable for bisected of the Internet cartage from America into Canada. Fortunately, a amount of agnate book indexing sites had already been made.
39. Google estimates that the Internet today contains about 5 actor terabytes of abstracts (1TB = 1,000GB), and claims it has alone indexed a paltry 0.04% of it all! You could fit the accomplished Internet on just 200 actor Blu-Ray disks.
40. Speaking of seek – One THIRD of all Internet searches are accurately for pornography. It is estimated that 80% of all images on the Internet are of naked women.
41. According to legend, Amazon became the amount one arcade website because in the canicule afore the apparatus of the seek behemothic Google, Yahoo would account the sites in their agenda alphabetically!
42. The aboriginal anytime banderole ad invaded the Internet in 1994, and it was just as bad as today. The ad was allotment of AT&Ts “you will” campaign, and was placed on the HotWired homepage.
43. Of the 247 BILLION email letters beatific every day, 81% are authentic spam.
44. 35.6% of internet users are Asia. With boilerplate of 389 actor of internet surfers anniversary month, Asia is the better internet army a part of added apple regions. In Asia, 10 out of 100 cream the Internet.
45. Alone 16.6% of apple citizenry cream the internet. Amount of internet surfers in Asia (389,392,28 mil) is 11 times the citizenry of Australia (34,468,443 mil). 19% of internet users are from United States (210,080,067 mil). Around 18 countries still doesn’t accept Internet connection. North Korea’s internet assimilation statistics is not publicized.
46. The aboriginal Internet bastard was created by Robert T.Morris, Jr, and attacked added than 6000 Internet hosts.
47. According to The Economist magazine, the aboriginal absolutely cyberbanking coffer on the Internet, alleged Aboriginal Virtual Holdings, was opened by Lee Stein in 1994.
48. The ‘Dilbert Zone’ Web website was the aboriginal amalgamated banana band website accessible on the Internet.
49. Did you apperceive that area names could be awash at top prices? The a lot of big-ticket area till date, ‘sex.com’ was purchased by Escom LLC at $14 million, in January 2006. Another was ‘business.com’, which was awash to eCompanies for $7.5 actor in 1999.
50. The Internet is the third-most acclimated commercial average in the world, carefully communicable up with acceptable bounded newspapers and Yellow Pages.